10 Sep Top 20 Natural Remedies To Treat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
Dealing with urinary tract infection is no fun as one has to deal with frequent bathroom trips; pain; irritation and itching among others. Here is a list of top 20 natural home remedies that can be used to treat the infection.
List of remedies:
Image Credit – allremedies.com/
1. It is very essential to consume 10 to 12 glasses of water every day so as enhance urine production and toxins can then be flushed out from the body.
2. Whenever you get an urge to urinate then it is very essential to empty your bladder so as to avoid development of bacteria.
3. Survival of bacteria is very difficult in an acidic environment hence it is best to consume citrus fruits such as oranges, cranberry and blueberry that are loaded with Vitamin C.
4. Cucumbers have been known to possess diuretic properties hence eating them can help to flush out harmful microbes.
5. Ensure to cut off bladder irritants from the diet such as caffeine; spicy foods; alcohol and carbonated drinks.
6. Start consuming probiotics as they help to increase healthy bacteria in the vagina and bladder.
7. If you are using tissue paper then always ensure to clean yourself from front to back so as to avoid entry of fecal bacteria in the urinary tract.
8. Use of fragrant bathroom products can irritate urethra hence avoid using them if you are suffering from recurrent UTIs.
9. Apple cider vinegar can also be consumed to make the urine more acidic.
10. Chew a piece of ginger or drink it in tea as it has antimicrobial properties that are effective against bacteria.
11. Use a heating pad to get relief from aches around pelvis and lower abdomen.
12. Consume unsweetened cranberry juice to treat urinary tract infections.
13. Urinating after sexual intercourse help to flush off bacteria thereby preventing UTI.
14. It is good to drink green tea during UTI as it has antioxidants that aid in reducing inflammation.
15. Damp clothes often harbor bacteria in the lower belt region hence wear dry and loose fit clothes.
16. Sugar acts as a breeding ground for bacteria hence it is extremely important to avoid its consumption.
17. It is a good option to take D-mannose as it is a simple sugar that can prevent UTI.
18. Taking a pelvic sitz bath in warm water can help in reducing the pain and discomfort linked to UTI.
19. Parsley tea acts as a natural healer for UTI.
20. Marshmallow root tea is also a good option to treat urinary tract infection as it lessens the abdominal pain and modifies pH of urine.
Why to use toilet sanitizer spray
Other than the above, it is best to take care of hygiene by using toilet sanitizer spray whenever you have to use the loo. We offer portable toilet seat sanitizer spray which is hygienically safe and can help in preventing urinary tract infection.